Thursday, March 10, 2011

I might be one of those rare people who actually loves airports.




I might be one of those rare people who actually loves airports. As in loves. There's something about being among my fellow travelers and enjoying what crazy neurotic traveling get-up they might have planned -- the buckwheat hulled neck pillow, the cheesy spy novel tumbling out of their bag, the over-priced eyemask, not to mention the opportunity to guess their destination. i also just enjoy the flying itself, getting put next to some unexpected person. As I believe we are all just one conversation away at any moment from meeting the most incredible person with their own unique set of stories. And flying has that strange luxury that you can ask wildly inappropriate and personal questions as there's this understanding that you are likely to never see that person again. So seat-mates can be particularly candid, particularly raw, particularly unedited. 

And then you have the added bonus of arriving at that new destination. My favorite is places are those I've never been, and I have a bias toward less developed wilder country. Perhaps because it matches my sense of my own interior, the unkempt nature that lives inside my own head. And that new destination might be a reflection externally of what I feel inside myself, making me feel in the words of david shields (taken from someone else I think) "a little less freakish, a little less lonely..." something like that.  

Click on the image above to see the video of the week!

There's something about being among my fellow travelers and enjoying what crazy neurotic traveling get-up they might have planned



Megan Griswold- Lost and Found

http://www.facebook.com/griswoldmegan
http://www.youtube.com/megangriswold20
http://twitter.com/megan_griswold

No comments:

Post a Comment